SBTI – Senior Social Media Officer
CDD 12 mois – Pré Saint Gervais (93) – Télétravail partiel possible – Bac +5 / master
> 3 ans d’XP
About the Science Based Targets initiative
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) is a global body enabling businesses and financial institutions to set ambitious emissions reductions targets in line with the latest climate science. It is focused on accelerating companies across the world to halve emissions before 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions before 2050.
The initiative is a collaboration between CDP, the United Nations Global Compact, World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and one of the We Mean Business Coalition commitments. The SBTi defines and promotes best practice in science-based target setting, offers resources and guidance to reduce barriers to adoption, and independently assesses and approves organizations’ targets. www.sciencebasedtargets.org @sciencetargets.
Are you committed to preventing catastrophic climate change? Are you a social media specialist who has successfully managed online communities involving global corporates, NGOs, senior decision-makers and thought leaders? Do you want to apply your expertise and experience in building, nurturing and mobilizing online communities at the cutting edge of corporate climate action in one of the world’s fastest growing sustainability initiatives?
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Social Media Officer. Joining the growing digital function within the SBTi’s global communications team, you will manage our social media channels, growing and mobilizing our communities to support the continued growth in science-based targets. This includes engaging users from high-emitting global companies, financial institutions, academia and civil society to build support for the SBTi and our work.
- Co-develop and implement the SBTi’s social media strategy to support the overarching communications and business strategies
- Lead, manage and grow the SBTi’s social media channels (currently LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) to drive continued growth in the uptake of science-based targets, grow the SBTi’s profile, project our expertise and protect and enhance our reputation
- Moderate social media channels by responding to posts and developing discussions
- Ensure delivery of a proactive and relevant social media plan, with high levels of daily Twitter activity and daily LinkedIn posts
- Build and maintain a vibrant community, ensuring high levels of engagement and responsiveness with users
- Explore new channels and creative approaches to engage new audiences
- Leverage the SBTi brand, expertise, knowledge and data to create engaging content that informs, supports and encourages our audiences about our work and the value of setting science-based targets
- Establish a distinctive voice and style that is commensurate to our ambition and reputation
- Develop, implement and evaluate social media campaigns in support of specific SBTi projects, services and launches and aligned to wider communications activities and business priorities
- Conduct paid social campaigns in support of the above
- Leverage analytics data to measure impact, learn and improve
- Maintain productive relationships with colleagues in social media roles at key partner organizations
To succeed in this role, you will need a track-record of success in managing online communities and delivering campaigns (particularly on LinkedIn and Twitter) leveraging a range of engaging content, approaches and tools, the ability to communicate complex technical information and data clearly and impactfully, and excellent planning, organization and time-management skills.
Essential skills and experience
- At least three years’ experience managing social media channels, content and campaigns within a busy media, communications, or marketing department
- Experience of developing, monitoring and evaluating high-profile integrated social media strategies that have helped achieve organizational objectives
- Demonstrable experience of growing and maintaining strong supporter bases or networks across a range of social media channels
- Experience of generating high levels of engagement with followers – particularly on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Adept at developing/commissioning creative and compelling multimedia content, including videos, graphics, lives, etc.
- Experience of creating engaging moments on social media such as takeovers, live Q&As, etc.
- Experience of developing relationships with key social influencers that have helped achieved campaigns, communications, or organizational objectives
- Experience of helping develop best practices, ways of working, processes, and systems for social media work
- Experience of translating complex information and data into compelling social content
- A solid understanding of the social media landscape and ongoing developments within it
- Political acumen and the ability to spot and manage potential reputational risks
- Expert communication, presentation, and content development skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in languages other than English