As a General Coordinator, you report directly to the Head of Hospital Dpt based at the HQ in Paris. You will be responsible for overseeing all CDE’s activities in Iraq, KRG.
The overall objective of General Coordinator is to lead, manage and further develop CDE operations and mission in Iraq. He/she represents CDE at country level. He/she supervises all support services (HR, administration, finance, logistics) and is ultimately responsible for the security management of the mission and its employees. The General Coordinator has the overall responsibility for strategic planning, operations’ implementation and fundraising.
Description of the organization:
La Chaine de l’Espoir is a French non-profit organization founded in 1994. It’s a network of medical and surgical expertise. The organization is committed to providing medical treatment to the children who need it the most.
La Chaine de l’Espoir has established a permanent mission in Iraq in 2016 to provide essential medical and surgery services in Dohuk Governorate. Currently CDE in Irak is running an Operation Theater room in cooperation with the Directorates of Health for Dohuk. The decision has been taken to equip SINJAR with a new hospital, in accordance with the wishes of Nadia’s Initiative and the French State, for the population present in the SINJAR district (20 to 30000 people). This decision incorporates the prospect of a gradual return of displaced populations, estimated at 80,000 people, most of whom are housed in camps in the DOHUC region.
Given the time required to complete this project, it was decided to equip the curent clinic with an operating theater in available and appropriate premises. This action will be phase 1 of the project.
DESCRIPTION OF CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS :
Program Management & Development
- Supervise the implementation and development of CDE programs in Iraq and Iraqi Kurdistan
- Provide the interface between HQ project management and local partners (authorities, architects, companies)
- Write the necessary documents, including contextualized, quality proposals, for donors’ awareness, report and fundraising.
- Undertake pro-active prospection and propose alternative sources of funding.
- Guarantee the proper implementation of the donor’s grant and reporting.
Mission and support services management
- Supervise Administration and Finance and,ensure the proper and sound financial management of the mission.
- Supervise Logistic and ensure proper procurement practices and a sound management of the supply chain, fleet, stocks, etc.
- Ultimately responsible to ensure the compliance with internal and donor’s requirements
- Ensure a proper Human resources set-up of the mission to reach agreed objectives, including staff recruitment, supervision, mentoring and capacity building
- Responsible for the overall security management of the mission, including keeping security management plan updated.
Representation and Communication
- Ensure regular liaisons with all external stakeholders in KRI and Iraq, including but not limited to NGOs, UN agencies, current and potential donors, and authorities at Governorate, Regional (KRI) or country-level as necessary.
- Representing CDE at relevant high-level meetings, such as the NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq (NCCI), donor briefings, as well as supporting the rest of the coordination team within clusters and sector working groups as and when deemed necessary.
- Ensure regular liaisons with the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT) to raise issues of concern linked to policy and strategy.
- Maintain and expanding CDE’s network of key person’s in-country, ensuring CDE remains up-to-date on evolution of the context, needs and funding opportunities.
- Ensure the promotion of humanitarian and CDE principles towards all stakeholders during representational activities.
- Promote effective communication within the team and with HQ
Skills and experience needed:
- Minimum 5 years’ experiences as a General Coordinator/Country director with an international NGO, out of which 2 years with a medical NGO.
- Solid humanitarian background is necessary
- Experience in management of health programs including construction and furbishing of hospitals, would be a strong added value
- Ability to work in a sensitive security context and to manage security and risks
- Strong ability to develop comprehensive and inclusive country strategies
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management and programming
- Strong team management skills in multicultural environments
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with a proven track record in forming effective relationships with a range of traditional, local and international authorities
- Experience in Irak is valuable
- Computer literacy: Word, Excellent Excel skills
- Good reporting skills, with proven ability in financial report writing.
- Excellent interpesonal skills; ability to motivate and lead colleagues
- Excellent coordination skills and ability to mentor/coach staff
- Experience of working in insecure environments or complex emergency contexts.
- construction projects management is an asset
- Fluent in English and French (spoken, reading and writing)
- Arabic or Kurdish langauge skills are an advantage
Starting date of mission: ASAP
Duration of mission: 1 year renewable
Conditions : Negociable attractive package based on profile and experience (VSI status or CDD contract)
Application process :
CV + Cover letter to be sent by email to: email@example.com