Terms of Reference
Internship (Fundraising Communication) – Private Sector Partnerships (PSP), UNHCR Paris, France
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, has an exciting opportunity for an intern to join the Private Sector Partnerships team in the UNHCR office in Paris, France.
Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is responsible for leading and coordinating international action to protect and assist refugees and other people of concern.
The partnerships with the private sector play a crucial role in helping to diversify the organization’s sources of funding.
Since 2013, UNHCR has been mobilizing the private sector in France, creating partnerships with companies and foundations and engaging individual donors. As part of its fundraising activities, the PSP department is looking for a communication Intern, to support its activities.
Title: Fundraising Communication Intern
Duty Station: Paris, France
Duration: 6-8 months
Start date of contract: January 2021
Contract Type: Internship (paid, as per UNHCR policy)
Advertisement start date: 17 November 2020
Advertisement closing date: 30 November 2020
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels. The Fundraising Communication Intern is part of PSP France team and it is based in the UNHCR Office located in Paris.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Intern are dependent on the communication and fundraising priorities over the course of the internship and may include:
Creation and development of fundraising communication assets:
- Provide support in the production of digital content and assets (stories, videos, etc.)
- Translation and adaptation of fundraising campaigns and communications for France & Monaco
- Collaborate to develop or to optimize e-mails and websites to increase marketing goals
- Support for the design and writing of materials for private sector fundraising and communication
Monitoring of campaigns and fundraising communication operations:
- Day to day follow-up and check with providers
- Reporting and support in monitoring of results and tracking tools (Google Analytics etc.)
- Collecting data and information, prepare assessments of communications actions
Prospecting and strategic intelligence
- Benchmarking of charity actors’ communication (French and international) and monitoring about news in the field of communications, fundraising, refugees thematic, etc.
- Research of information, content and visuals for UNHCR communications
Support for the organization of events
- Support for the organization of events dedicated to the private sector, or related to refugees and fundraising communication (World Refugee Day, etc.)
- Administrative support
Essential minimum qualifications required
The ideal candidate will be required to have followings:
- Be a recent graduate (completed your studies within one year of applying to this internship) or current student in graduate/undergraduate school program for a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO in the areas of business administration, marketing or related field (preferably Licence or Master’s degree, business or communication school IEP);
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest of the work of the Organization;
- Have very good writing skills and fluency in French and English (essential);
- Enjoyment in searching opportunities, capable of initiatives and autonomy and really proven rigor and organization;
- Know how to work with emergencies and have sense of priorities; capacity of reporting;
- Have a strong interest in fundraising activities with the private sector and public engagement, and willingness to support UNHCR and to stand with refugees;
- Excellent computer skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication tools;
- Skills in graphic design and video editing will be an important advantage;
- Initial experience (preferably) in international organization or NGO and knowledge of fundraising in France would be useful;
- Available for a duration of 6 months.
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Paris, France.
The internship is associated with an internship agreement for 6-8 months. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). This is a paid internship as per UNHCR policy.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, dully completed (including all work experience) and signed Personal History Form (P11), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ‘Internship, Fundraising Communication Paris’ in the subject of the email.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.